Traffic guidelines and diversions on 6th December 2017, for the Death Anniversary of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar being observed at Chaitya Bhoomi
Movement of the vehicular traffic will be restricted on the following roads:-
1) S. Veer Savarkar Road
2) Ranade Road
3) N. C. Kelkar Road
4) Keluskar Road (South), Keluskar Road (North.)
5) Gokhale Road (South), Gokhale Road (North)
6) Tilak Bridge
7) S. K. Bole Road
8) 8havani Shankar Road
The motorists are advised to plan their journeys accordingly, to avoid unnecessary delay. As far as possible, they are further advised to use Senapati Bapat Marg, N. M. Joshi Marg and Dr. B. A. Road.
In order to ensure smooth flow of traffic, Mumbai Traffic Police would be Imposing the following restrictions from 11.00 hrs on 05/12/2017 till 24.00 hrs on 07/12/2017 .
I) ONE WAY/CLOSURE OF ROADS
A) S. K. Bole road will be "One.way“ from SIddhiVinayak Junction upto Hanuman Temple I.e. "No-Entry- from Hanuman Temple.
B) Bhavani Shankar Road will be "One-war from Hanuman Temple/Dadar Kabutar Khana upto Its Junction with Gokhale Road South i.e. "No-Entry" from Gokhale Road South via Gopinath Chavan Chowk except BEST Buses & Emergency/Utility services.
C) S.V.S. Road from SiddhiVinayak Junction upto Hinduja Hospital will be closed for all Vehicular Traffic (Local reside. can go upto Road No 5 i.e. Pandurang Naik Marg Junction from Hinduja Hospital.)
D) Rana. Road will be closed for all types of vehicular traffic.
E) Dnyaneshwar Mandir Road will be closed for all types of vehicular traffic from its junction at S.V.S.Road upto Dadar Chowpatty.
F) If necessary, the vehicular traffic (Except BEST buses and, Emergency/Utility services) wig be closed from Dadar T.T.
G) All heavy vehicles, goods vehicles including tempos (except BEST buses) will be diverted from Mahim Junction via Mori Road towards Senapati Bapat Road.
IN CASE OF HEAVY TRAFFIC CONGESTION, AT AND AROUND SHIVAJI PARK, THE ADVISORY INSTRUCTIONS ARE AS UNDER :-
A) SOUTH-BOUND TRAFFIC
1. Vehicular traffic coming from Western Express Highway and proceeding towards South Mumbai shall go unto Kalanagar Junction, take left turn to proceed to Dharavi T Junction to Sion Railway Station or 60 ft Rd Dharavi via Kumbharwada to Sion Hospital, and take right turn to Or. B. A. Road, or they can use Bandra-Worli Sea Link via Bandra to Worli proceed further
B) NORTH-BOUND TRAFFIC
1. North-bound vehicular traffic coming from Colaba & C.S.T. may use P D'mello Rd., Barrister Nath Pai Marg, takeria Blinder Rd., R.A.K. Marg upto Matunga Arora bridge then take right turn, along Dr. B. A. Rd, and further on via Sion Hospital Junction. or take left turn at Gafarkhan Junction on Dr. Annie Beasent Road for Bandra-Worli Sea Link & further to Suburban Mumbai.
2. North-bound vehicular traffic coming from Mahalaxmi Rly Station via Dr. E. Moses Rd. may use Senapati Bapat Rd.
2) PARKING RESTRICTIONS
Parking restrictions will be imposed from 11.00 hrs on 05/12/2017 till 24.00 hrs on 07/12/2017 on either side of the following roads:-
1) S. Veer Savarkar Road Ranade Road 3) N. C. Kelkar Road 4) Keluskar Road (South), Keluskar Road (North) 5) Gokhale Road (South), Gokhale Road (North) 6) "Mak Bridge 7) S. K. Bole Road 8) Bhavani Shankar Road
3) PARKING PLACES
1) Senapah Bapat Marg. 2) Five Gardens, Matunga. 3) Mahim Reti Bunder.
4) FOOD VEHICLES ARRANGEMENT
1) The vehicles holding valid passes from Shivaji Park police station will be allowed to enter Shivaji Park Kelusker north gate No 5 via Raja Bade chowk. For Mahim they will use Dilip Gupte marg.
2) The vehicles which are not holding valid pass will have No entry towards Shivall P...ker north gate no 5 via raja bade Chowk.
3) There will be dedicated lane for emergency vehicles on south bound carriage way from Siddhivinayk Junction to Kapad Bazar junction.